The Impossible Card

Good morning, everyone!

Today's card(s) is my take on the Impossible Card.  I discovered how to make this incredible card through a blog post from I Heart Maggie.  For the most part, I followed the design as shown...except instead of doing everything by hand, I used the Cricut Design Space!  At the end of this post, I'll have a link to the Design Space so that you can use my base cutting file for your own projects.





The first card I made using this file uses some really adorable digital paper that I got for free from https://www.thecraftblog.com/ in their Freebies section.  It's the August 2017 free paper, and is all starry and space themed.  Included in that pack is the sentiment which is part of a "sticker" sheet that I uploaded into Design Space as well, and just sliced the one I wanted out.  The deeper purple on the upright portion is just a solid color that I printed out and cut with the software.

The second card I made used some of the fun Jillibean Soup paper that I found in the scraps bin previously, and then I used some coordinating green paper as a background for the upright portion and some simple black cardstock that I stamped my sentiment from one of the Jillibean Soup stamp sets using some clear embossing ink, and then heat embossed silver powder onto.  Initially I had a piece of white cardstock instead of the black, and was embossing in black powder...but I think I had my heat gun on it for too long and it ended up going dull and the powder melted into the paper haha...

I think they turned out great, other than the citrus on the second one isn't lined up quite as nicely as the constellations on the first one.  I also think if I end up making this card again for someone, I'll extend the layers to cover the entire base, so that there's not that odd gap in the background cardstock.

As promised, though...here's a link to the Cricut Design Space canvas where you can find all the pieces to make your very own Impossible Card!  Enjoy!

It's hilarious that I made these cards on Wednesday night and scheduled this post for Monday morning...and on Thursday, Maymay from Maymay Made It went live on Youtube showing how to make this card, too!  Below is her video showing exactly how to make this card (without Design Space), and with different measurements! 

No comments:

Post a Comment